Are you looking for an affordable rural lifestyle near Georgia’s beautiful Appalachian Mountains? Living in Euharlee, GA may be perfect for you! Euharlee is a beautiful small town that offers rural living with easy access to jobs in Cartersville and the amenities of Atlanta. It’s popular with retirees and families thanks to its low crime, beautiful scenery, and good schools.
Once known as Burge’s Mill, the city’s name is derived from the Cherokee word “Eufaula” which means “she laughs as she runs.” This is a reference to the Euharlee Creek running through the southern part of the city.
Here’s what to know before moving to Euharlee and what you’ll love about this beautiful community.
Euharlee Population & Demographics
Where is Euharlee, GA? The city is in southwest Bartow County on the Etowah River and Euharlee Creek. It’s just 9 miles west of Cartersville, the county seat, while the drive from Euharlee, GA to Atlanta is 52 miles.
The population of Euharlee is 4,268 according to the 2020 Census. That’s up just slightly from 4,136 in 2010 after a 29% increase over the previous decade. The small city has a population density of just 808 people per square mile.
Euharlee has a very homogenous population that’s 82% white, 12 Black or African American, 2% Hispanic, and 4% two or more races.
- Median age: 39.3
- Sex ratio: 52 adult women for every 48 adult men
- Median household income: $73,940
- Homeownership rate: 80%
- Educational attainment: 88% high school grad or higher and 21% bachelor’s degree or higher
Is Euharlee a safe place to live? The crime rate in Euharlee is 19% below the national average with violent crime 33% below the U.S. average. You’ll be served by the Euharlee Police Department.
What Is the Cost of Living in Euharlee, GA?
Is Euharlee, GA affordable? Absolutely! In fact, it’s one of the most affordable places to live in Georgia. The Euharlee cost of living index (COLI) is 89, even lower than Georgia’s COLI of 93. This means living in Euharlee is 11% more affordable than the national average.
The average price of a home in Euharlee is $344,900. That’s up 41% year-over-year in 2021, but it’s based on just three homes sold over an entire year with a median of just five days on the market. Homes tend to go quickly with limited inventory! The only rental properties in the city are single-family homes with private landlords.
Best Euharlee Neighborhoods | Where to Live in Euharlee, GA
As you explore the best places to live in Euharlee, you’ll notice one thing very quickly: the small city is overwhelmingly owner-occupied and almost 90% of homes are single-family homes with a small share of manufactured homes. You won’t find any townhomes or condos for sale or multi-family rental property. That means you’ll want to be prepared for buying a home after moving to Euharlee.
One of the most desirable neighborhoods in Euharlee is the Shaw Woods subdivision. If you’re looking for new construction, this is where you want to be with homes constructed in 2021 ranging from 2,500 to 4,000 square feet and from $380,000 to $750,000. The subdivision has HOA fees (about $585 per year) with the best amenities available including a clubhouse, pool, tennis court, and play area.
Looking for more affordable homes in Euharlee? The Euharlee Hills community is an established neighborhood with older ranch homes built in the 1970s. Homes in the community usually sell for around $200,000.
Hunters Landing is another popular community. This family-friendly neighborhood is walking distance to the middle school and elementary school and right next to the Etowah River! Single-family homes are usually in the $150s to $250s and built in 1990 to 1995.
Euharlee Climate | What’s the Weather Like?
Euharlee weather is usually wet and cold during the short winters but hot and humid during the summer. The average temperature in Euharlee ranges from 33°F to 89°F with a temperature rarely dipping lower than 20°F. It doesn’t snow, but you’ll get 48” of annual rainfall.
The best time to visit is May for warm, sunny weather or September and October for crisp, comfortable autumn weather. July is the hottest month with an average high of 90°F. The coldest month is January with an average low of 30°F.
Fun Things to Do in Euharlee, GA
The town may be small, but there’s plenty of things to do in Euharlee with kids and for free. There’s convenient shopping at Black Horse Trading Company, Harris Five Forks Groceries, and Dollar General with the large Main Street Shopping Center, Cartersville Plaza Shopping Center, and Market Square Shopping Center nearby in Cartersville.
Here are the top attractions in Euharlee. Remember you’re also just 15 minutes from the amenities in Cartersville and one hour from Atlanta!
Georgia’s oldest remaining covered bridge, the lattice wood bridge was built in 1886. The annual Euharlee Covered Bridge Fall Festival is held at the nearby Frankie Harris Park every October.
Joe Cowan is the best park in Euharlee with walking trails, a playground, tennis and basketball courts, baseball cages, and fields with a concession stand.
Other attractions in Euharlee include:
- Osborne Park
- Euharlee Welcome Center & History Museum
- Tilley Mill
- Black Pioneers Cemetery
- Euharlee Festival of Trees
Best Restaurants in Euharlee
What are the best places to eat in the city? Here are the three top restaurants and eateries where you’ll spend a lot of time after moving to Euharlee!
- Anna’s Mexican Bar and Grill. Anna’s is one of the top gathering spots in the city with an outdoor seating area, great margaritas, and regular lunch specials! Anna’s Mexican Bar and Grill, 790 Euharlee Rd, Euharlee, GA 30120 (770) 387-0406
- Hometown Steak & Que. Euharlee’s best restaurant serves hand-cut Angus steaks plus mouth-watering sides like Brunswick stew and smoked pulled pork sandwiches. Hometown Steak & Que, 100 Covered Bridge Rd, Euharlee, GA 30145 (470) 227-7133
- Bradley Farms Baked Goods and Creamery. A local landmark, Bradley Farms is a bakery, ice cream shop, and bakery located right at the covered bridge! It’s a family-friendly destination and the perfect way to end a day at the park. Bradley Farms Baked Goods and Creamery, 118 Covered Bridge Rd, Euharlee, GA 30120
Jobs in Euharlee, GA
Euharlee may be a sleepy little town, but it offers plenty of employment opportunities nearby and it’s rather affluent. The median household income of $74,00 is about 25% higher than the Georgia median. People living in Euharlee, GA out-earn the Atlanta metro area by 10% too!
How much do you need to make to live in Euharlee? A good place to start is looking at average income. The average salary in Euharlee, GA is $14.24 an hour. Wages have recently trended upward 1.2% and the cost of living has gone down 7%.
Top employers near Euharlee include:
- Plant Bowen, one of North America’s largest coal-fired power plants just outside the city limits with more than 400 full-time workers.
- Anheuser-Busch which has a brewery in Cartersville that produces 20 brands
- Piedmont Cartersville Medical Center, a 119-bed acute care facility. See Piedmont careers here.
- Bartow County
- Bartow County School System (careers)
- Shaw Industries, one of the largest carpet manufacturers in the world
- Toyo Tire North America which recently expanded to a 250,000 SQ facility in Cartersville and employs over 2,000 people in Georgias
Euharlee, GA Schools | Public School District & Higher Education
Moving with kids? While living in Euharlee, Georgia, you will be served by the Bartow County School System. There are two schools in the district in the city: Euharlee Elementary School and Woodland Middle School.
Students attend high school at Woodland High School in neighboring Carterville. The district offers a competitive magnet program through the high school for students chosen based on PSAT test scores, teacher recommendations, grades, and more. The high school also offers a great athletics program with swimming, wrestling, cheer, soccer, football, softball, and more.
View this post on Instagram
If you’re thinking about higher education, there are many colleges and universities within 20 miles!
- Georgia Highlands College
- Berry College, one of the best private colleges in Georgia
- Shorter University
- Kennesaw State University
- Reinhardt University
Euharlee Statistics & Information
- County: Bartow County, Georgia
- Total area: 5.56 square miles
- Zip codes: 30120 and 30145
- Area codes: 770, 678, and 470
- Time zone: UTC-5 (Eastern Standard Time)
- Elevation: 682 feet
Euharlee, GA Map
Explore things to do, restaurants, and nearby attractions with this map of Euharlee, Georgia.
Tips for Living in Euharlee
- Euharlee Elementary School is one of the best schools in the district
- Rental options are very limited and there are usually few homes on the market. If you can’t find a home in the city, look to the subdivisions just outside the city limits.
- Jobs in Euharlee are limited, but there are plentiful opportunities in nearby Cartersville.
- Euharlee is a safe place to live with low crime and family-friendly neighborhoods.
Now that you know what to expect when moving to Euharlee, is this charming town in your future? If you have settled on relocating to the Euharlee area, Wirks Moving & Storage Euharlee movers are ready to help! Give us a call to discuss your moving needs and request a free quote.